St. Mary of the Angels Church in Hollywood California. After settling in Los Angeles in about 1917, Father Isaac Neal Dodd saw the need for an Anglo-Catholic mission to serve those working in the growing movie industry. . Many of Hollywood's original stars became members of the new parish, including Mary Pickford and Douglas Fairbanks. The Spanish-mission-style structure, completed in 1930, was declared an historic landmark by the City of Los Angeles in 1970.